Ear infections can be extremely painful and unpleasant, and if not treated adequately and on time, they can even get highly complicated and cause hearing loss.
According to HealthLine:
“Earaches usually occur in children, but they can occur in adults as well. An earache may affect one or both ears, but the majority of the time it is in one ear. It may be constant or come and go, and the pain may be dull, sharp, or burning. If you have an ear infection, fever and temporary hearing loss may occur.
Earache symptoms in adults include:
- Ear pain
- impaired hearing
- Fluid drainage from the ear
Children can typically show additional symptoms, such as:
- Ear pain
- muffled hearing or difficulty responding to sounds
- A sense of fullness in the ear
- Difficulty sleeping
- tugging or pulling at the ear
- Crying or acting irritable more than usual
- A headache
- Loss of appetite
- loss of balance”
However, there is an effective natural remedy that can soothe an earache and relieve the infection almost instantly!
Read on to find about the miraculous salt sock remedy:
You will need:
- Cotton Sock
- 1 ½ Cup of Sea Salt
- You should pour the sea salt into the sock. Tie it closed, and warm a skillet on the stove over medium heat.
- Put the sock in the skillet, heat it for 5 minutes, while shaking it a bit to heat it evenly.
- Place the warm sock over the ear, and hold it for a few minutes.
This treatment is suitable for both, adults and children. The heat of the sock will soothe the pain, and the salt will treat the infection by absorbing the toxins and removing the moisture from the ear.
You can use the same salt sock more times, and change it when it discolors. Try out this natural homemade trick next time you suffer from an earache, and you will be amazed by its effects!