Lavender oil is one of the essential oils that are full of so many healthy components. This oil is not just gentle but it is also the most powerful essential oil that you can find. That’s why all the households need to have it!
As we already mentioned, this oil contains more than 160 active components that make it useful for numerous health problems. These are some of its best features: anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, antibacterial, antidepressant, antispasmodic, hypotensive, sedative and detoxifier.
According to a recent research conducted in Florida, lavender oil has the ability to reduce anxiety and heart rate in students during exams. What is more, aromatherapy with lavender is proved to lower the patients’ stress before they have a surgery.
Actually, some people believe that it is even more effective than taking a rest or having a massage. This oil will also help you if you suffer from insomnia.
Some people claim that it has helped them a lot with headaches, sinus congestion, hangovers and some of them even use it as a pain relief. Some psychotherapists recommend lavender oil for treating anxiety and depression. They claim that its scent has incredible psychological impact.
Many studies have confirmed that the lavender oil has some sedative effects, so it has the ability to decrease the levels of anxiety and improve the mood.
If you have never used lavender oil at home, here is a quick recipe of how you can use it.
- 12 cups of filtered water
- One small drop of lavender oil
- 6 peeled and squeezed lemons
- Decorate with lavender springs
- Mix all the ingredients together and then leave the drink in the fridge to cool down. If you want you can add more water.
Here are a few more uses of lavender oil:
As we mentioned above, lavender oil can solve numerous health problems. Here is what to do in order to decrease your anxiety, relieve headache or treat dry skin.
- If you want to treat your dry skin, just make yourself a bath and add 5-6 drops of this oil.
- If you feel stressed out and want to relax after a tough day at work, 10-12 drops diffused in air will do wonders to your mood.
- If you suffer from insomnia, want to keep insects away from your house or treat your dry skin, just add 2-3 drops of this oil by an ounce of unprocessed organic oil like almond or olive oil.
Thank you so much for reading this article. If you found it useful, don’t forget to share it with your friends and family and if you know some recipe that includes lavender oil, you can feel free to write it in the comment section below.