People have recognized and valued the amazing properties of ginger for centuries. It is a rich source of numerous nutrients and offers powerful antibacterial, antiviral, anti-parasitic and anti-inflammatory effects.
According to Rachael Link, MS, RD:
“As one of the most used dietary condiments in the world today, it’s no wonder that the benefits of ginger are pretty impressive. With its zesty, peppery flavor and its extensive list of health benefits, ginger root is equal parts delicious and nutritious. It’s versatile, easy to use and has been associated with everything from beating motion sickness to better brain function.
The health benefits of ginger are largely due to its antioxidants, anti-inflammatory properties and content of therapeutic compounds like gingerol, shogaol, paradol, and zingerone.
Available in fresh, dried, ground, capsule and juice form, ginger root is easy to add to the diet and can have a lasting impact on just about every aspect of health.”
It is one of the richest vitamin C sources, and it is also in magnesium and other minerals, so it fortifies the immune system, helps digestion, relieves pain, cleanses the liver, and treats asthma and cardiovascular diseases.
Ginger tea is one of the best ways to reap all these benefits, and its regular consumption will:
- Strengthen the Immune System –It is abundant in antioxidants and thus strengthens the immune system.
- Fight Inflammation – The strong anti-inflammatory properties relieve muscle and joint pain.
- Improve Blood Circulation –It prevents clogging of the arteries, boosts blood circulation, and lowers the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- Relieve Nausea – It is one of the best ways to treat nausea, vomiting, and motion sickness.
- Fight Respiratory Problems – it relieves congestion and treats environmental allergies.
- Improve Stomach Performance –Ginger tea helps digestion, helps the absorption of food, and prevents bloating
- Relieve Stress – Its healing powers relieve stress and reduce tension.
- Relieve Menstrual Discomfort – It relaxes the muscles, and thus soothes menstrual cramps
Moreover, its regular intake will lower the risk of strokes, cleanse the liver, relieve headaches, prevent cancer, and dissolve kidney stones.
Here is how to prepare it:
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground turmeric
- 1 cup of water
- Coconut milk
- Organic honey
Heat the water, and as soon as it starts to boil, add the ginger and turmeric. Leave to simmer for 10 minutes, and the coconut milk, and strain. Sweeten with honey, and enjoy it!