Unfortunately, despite the important advancements in all aspects of society, the modern era has also brought about numerous health risks via the toxic contaminants we are exposed to daily.
Heavy metals such as mercury, cadmium, and aluminum, belong to this category, and embed themselves into the central nervous systems and bones, bio-accumulating for years, and leading to acute health problems from heavy metal poisoning.
The exposure to heavy metals has been linked to serious health issues like cancer, kidney disease, heart disease, brain tissue deterioration, lung disease, and skeletal disorders.
However, their negative effects can be prevented and reversed with the help of natural substances, and cilantro is one of the most powerful ones.
Cilantro is an incredibly effective detoxifies of heavy metals and other toxins. It has potent antiseptic, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory properties, and is a rich source of potassium, magnesium, calcium, iron, and manganese, as well as vitamins A and K.
Common Ground lists some of the chelating properties of cilantro:
- Highly effective metal toxin binding agent and mobilizer
- Powerful anti-inflammatory
- Increases HDL cholesterol and decreases LDL
- Prevents gas and bloating
- Wards off urinary tract infections
- Eases hormonal swings during menopause and menstruation
- Can reduce nausea
- Adds fiber to the digestive tract – an effective bulking agent
- Fights anemia with high levels of iron and magnesium
- Reduces minor swelling
- Promotes liver health
- Can be used as an expectorant
You can just add it to your daily smoothies or other healthy recipes and reap all its beneficial qualities.
Here is one delicious, inflammation-fighting cilantro recipe:
- 1/2 c packed chopped fresh organic cilantro
- 1/2 c organic apple juice
- 1 teaspoon wheatgrass powder
- 1/2 c water
Mix the ingredients in the blender, and enjoy this healthy smoothie on a daily basis.