Inspirational quotes help us unlock the strength we have forgotten, and stimulate us to go and achieve goals in life whenever we feel a bit drained or lack self-esteem.
When it comes to the power of quotes to push us towards our goals, Creative Live Blog writes:
“The science of motivation and inspiration are tricky to study; we know that there are neurological reasons behind almost everything we do (and everything we make), but it can be hard to capture those moments in a scientific setting.
But what we do know is that there’s a kind of feedback loop of ideas — or, more simply, ideas create other ideas.
Even just reading an excerpt or a line of text that offers a new perspective or idea to your own set of thoughts, beliefs, and understandings can spur further ideas in you, and back up the ideas you’re already forming. In a way, reading quotes is kind of like having a conversation with friends — only it can be done alone, and any time you need it.”
“ They affirm what we already know (or think we know) about ourselves. One of the greatest human motivations is our desire to be able to both fit into categories or types of people, and to feel like we’re in good company (and, often, limited company) once we’re there.
In times of hardship or self-doubt, inspirational quotes can be the must-needed pick-me-up that gets you re-motivated to do the thing that you do every day, whether it’s hit the gym, go to work, or work on your side project. “
Ward Farnsworth, dean of the University of Texas School of Law and author of Farnsworth’s Classical English Rhetoric says that the words have their power as well, and we have an “appetite for well-expressed wisdom, motivational or otherwise.”
“Students of Latin see examples of aphorisms from 2,000 years ago, such as Ubi Concordia, ibi victoria, ‘where there is unity, there is a victory.’ Usually, these sayings involve some keen insight put into memorable wording. They are little triumphs of rhetoric, in the old and positive sense of the word.”
Additionally, media psychology expert and communications consultant Scott Sobel, founder of Media & Communications Strategies, Inc. in Washington, D.C. says:
“Humans are aspirational. We want to look up to role models and leaders and follow what they ask,” he says. “Leaders and their words–inspirational quotes–affect us on a primal level.”
The following 21 inspirational quotes will remind you of the importance of courage, positivity, and determination, and the amazing beauty of life:
- “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” – Thomas Edison
When you feel like you would rather give it all up, make one more step, and you are a step closer to the aim.
- “Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.” – Ingrid Bergman
Reflect on your life, and enjoy the moment to appreciate all you have got so far.
- “You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, ‘I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
Your strength and resilience when coping with troubles in life will give you much more satisfaction that the ability to avoid problems.
- Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live in?” — Caroline Myss
Life is short, and we need to live for the moment, in order to enjoy it to the fullest.
- “Strength doesn’t come from what you can do. It comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn’t.” – Rikki Rogers
You should never limit yourself, but believe that there is nothing impossible, and you can get everything you truly want in life.
- “Stop chasing the money and start chasing the passion.” Tony Hsieh
Do what you love, and you’ll never work another day in your life.
- “It’s not whether you get knocked down. It’s whether you get up.” – Vince Lombardi
We all lose and fail at some point in life, but it is important to have the courage and continue fighting and cope with problems.
- “Always be a first-rate version of yourself instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.” –Judy Garland
Be yourself as you are unique and best like that.
- “Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
Don’t dwell in the past. Instead, learn from your experience, but live in the present moment.
- “Success means doing the best we can with what we have. Success is the doing, not the getting, in the trying, not the triumph. Success is a personal standard, reaching for the highest that is in us, becoming all that we can be.” – Zig Ziglar
Try to think of the things you should invest in order t succeed, and do not be obsessed with the results.
- “People who succeed have momentum. The more they succeed, the more they want to succeed, and the more they find a way to succeed. Similarly, when someone is failing, the tendency is to get on a downward spiral that can even become a self-fulfilling prophecy.” – Tony Robbins
Think of all you have done so far in order to inspire yourself to succeed.
- “Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.” — George Addair
Don’t be paralyzed by fear- instead, use it to push you ahead.
- “Buckle up, and know that it’s going to be a tremendous amount of work, but embrace it.” – Tory Burch
Every single day you are working towards your goal in life is very important and beautiful.
- “A woman is a full circle. Within her is the ability to create, nurture, and transform.” — Diane Mariechild
The world will be a different place without you, and you alone are enough to change it.
- “There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.” Paulo Coelho
Don’t be paralyzed by fear and quit before you have tried your best.
- “Today’s accomplishments were yesterday’s impossibilities.” – Robert H. Schuller
Things that sometimes looked impossible to achieve are now too easy to do, so remember this next time you are afraid to start something.
- “For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Negativity brings more negativity, and it is never wise to focus on such feelings, as only positivity can prepare you for success in life.
- “The struggle you’re in today is developing the strength you need for tomorrow.” – Robert Tew
Every single part of the journey is important, even the ones that are challenging and problematic.
- “You cannot afford to live in potential for the rest of your life; at some point, you have to unleash the potential and make your move.” – Eric Thomas
You must start now if you want to make a change.
- “The pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.” – Winston Churchill
Develop a strategy to work through difficulties, and you will complete everything with ease.
- “Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. The fearful are caught as often as the bold.” — Helen Keller
Saying in your comfort zone won’t bring about new things in life. If you want to get more, you should be brave enough to risk.