Since we are living in a fast-paced world and a polluted environment, constantly rushing somewhere and lacking time, while accepting new responsibilities, and eating unhealthy foods, our bodies crave for a detox, just like our entire lives.
Fortunately, there are numerous natural ways to eliminate the accumulated toxins from the body and improve physical and mental health.
Here are ten effective strategies to detox your life:
In order to boost the natural detox system of the body, or the lymphatic system, you should regularly practice massage as a way to stimulate the energy meridians of the body and boost blood circulation.
Essential oils are powerful body cleansers, and improve our mental and physical health in numerous ways.
You need to take care of your wellbeing, and uplift your spirit. You should simply do something you enjoy, like reading, or walking in nature, or you can try meditation, yoga, or visiting a church.
Clean the clutter
Get rid of all the unnecessary things in your home, car, office, and life. The excessive amounts of objects occupy your space without a good reason and contribute to stress and tension since they also take up space in your mind.
Sweating is the natural detox mechanism of the body. It eliminates toxins from the body, boosts circulation, and improves the flow of lymph. Make sure you take a shower after a good sweat, in order to get rid of the toxins your body sweat out.
People have used herbal teas for centuries, as they cleanse the body and soothe the mind. Choose herbal teas with milk thistle or burdock, or dandelion or artichoke to successfully cleanse the body.
The benefits of physical exercise are countless, including an improved circulatory system and blood flow that helps the other organs to process toxins. Also, the loss of fat will additionally release toxins from the body.
The function of the colon and the digestive system will be greatly improved after a good cleanse, so you can try to naturally detoxify them using senna herbal tea, or some other dietary cleanses.
Epsom salt soak
Fill the bathtub with warm water, and add some Epsom salts, as well as a few drops of lavender essential oil. Then, soak in the bath for about 20 minutes to detoxify the body, relax, and clear the mind.
Limit the use of technology
The modern overuse of technology is toxic, and instead of serving our needs, we have created an unhealthy connection to technology devices, and it somehow started to control us. Therefore, limit their use and try to enjoy the present moment, instead of constantly checking your cell phone or PC.
Additionally, here are some simple and easy tips by MindBodyGreen, that will help the detoxification of your body, life, and environment:
- “-Invest in a good quality, plumbed-in water filter.
- Use a stainless steel water bottle rather than a plastic bottle.
- Buy organic whenever possible. When that’s not possible, always wash or peel fruit and veggies to remove pesticides.
- Instead of deep-frying, opt for steaming or grilling.
- Buy drinks in glass rather than plastic containers or cartons.
- Rearrange your daily schedule to minimize time spent in traffic.
- Drink alcohol infrequently.
- Avoid medical drugs whenever possible unless they’re the only option for treating illness. Instead, try to source the underlying cause with the help of a nutritionist or holistic doctor.
- Switch to natural detergents for household cleaning.
- Reduce your intake of meat, dairy, and fatty foods—when eating meat—always choose organic grass fed meat.
- Do not heat foods in plastic.
- Minimize your exposure to foods in plastic—use paper bags to store your cut up fruit and veggies.
- Avoid canned fruit and veggies.
- Use an aluminum-free natural deodorant.
- Cut back on your use of perfume. When you do spritz, spray on your clothes rather than on your skin.
- Don’t fake tan!”